Re: Wounds are not just for combat

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:26:25 +0100

On Thu, 18 May 2000 17:32:10 +0100, Nick Hollingsworth <nick.hollingsworth_at_compans.com> wrote:

>Why are wounds seen as specific to combat. (I think it was wulf who seemed
>to suggest they are).

No, No! My discussion was on combat as a reply to a query on Shield Breaking, but I agree entirely, ANY permanently (within the contest) debilitating effect envisaged by a successful attacker in an Extended Contest (ie using AP) can be represented using Wounds.

>So during a legal argument my opponent can apply his 7AP victories as
>'wounds' against my ability to argue that continues to apply for the rest of
>the case - perhaps by showing that I am not qualified to speak in the court
>or that I am in breach of the formal rules of the court.
Lovely example, very fitting. I have a Ulerian Initiate with a good Sarcastic Put-Down skill - I leave it to you to figure what wounds she inflicts :)

>Combat should not be a special case - thats the key point of HW surely.
I thought the key point was kicking the lousy Chaos-loving Lunars out of Dragon Pass? Or is that just me?

Wulf