Re: Many-onto-one combats

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:52:58 -0000

> Still, she's getting to the point where a clan fyrd *shouldn't* be
>that much of a bother.

While HQ does provide better guidance on the number of magical augments a hero can have without a ritual, W2 heroes will still be quite capable of reaching w3. Our front-line fighters regularly glow in their hero-lights now. There are still strategies you can use to challenge them with lesser opponents: multiple attacker penalties, abilities that force the hero to defend with a secondary skill but heroes will still cut through a fyrd without blinking. Once in a while I think it is good to play out a big fight where the heroes stand on a hill of their battered foes, having faced only the occassional challenge - it reminds them they are heroes and ever player ahs a bit of munchkin; other times such fights simple contests, and only the contests with enemy heroes are the worthy of the close-up and rousing music of the extended contest. Morden Defends the Camp is still a great example of the latter.