Re: Re: some thoughts on key-wording god-talker devotees.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 00:16:10 +0100

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 07:11:31PM -0000, orlanthumathi wrote:
> I also allow devotees to be initiates of other cults if things fit ok,
> again anathema to the simulationist guys.

I don't geddit. Is this rather sweeping statement based on behavioural trends of self-confessed or imputed 'simulationists'; or are you saying that you think this is flat-out wrong in Gloranthan terms, but you allow it anyway just for yuks?

(I'd consider myself to be somewhere in the S-ish "triant" of the GNS triangle (which the GNS originator says isn't a triangle, but what can you do), and personally I've made a decision to allow this if it seems right from some suitable combination of the person's own magical being (i.e., what the god(s) concerned say(s)), and the social conditions prevailing in the cults concerned.)

Cheers,
Alex.