Re: some thoughts on key-wording god-talker devotees.

From: orlanthumathi <orlanth.umathi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:55:19 -0000

> I don't geddit...

My main reason for surfacing from my non-contributing sluber is my dislike of rules books that say NO to players.

> I've made a decision to allow this if it seems
> right from some suitable combination of the person's own magical being
> (i.e., what the god(s) concerned say(s)), and the social conditions
> prevailing in the cults concerned.)

I totally agree, what annoys me is the blanket statement that a devotee cant be an initiate in another cult. Sometimes it just fits and looks right. And the last thing on my mind is the simulationist concern that an individual has to worry about the precise time constraints as displayed in the leader sheets of the more recent books. I dont really care if it all adds up to 130%, someone must be making allowances or compromises, and if these are significant then we will have to deal within the game.

Hope this is clearer than my shotgun attack on simulationist thinking. sorry Alex and indeed Oliver if you felt you were getting caught in the cross-fire. I'll use a more discriminate weapon next time.

Jamie