Re: An opportunity to sort out Mysticism.

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:30:34 -0000

I'll come back at this, hopefuly in a more positive frame of mind.

> So I would imagine Tarumathic Orlanthi to be similar to Orlanthi. It
> would be expected that they would still take part in normal worship
> patterns and they would still be essentially theistic. Granted they
> would be a bit odd and may have forgone many of their feats but I
> would expect them to still have affinity style magic if only
a "Mystic
> Storm" affinity.

If we're talking about Orlanth worshipers who experience spontaneous mystical revelations and insights, I don't see why their magical affinities and feats should be any different from any other Orlanthi's. If they were raised in a tarumathic worship tradition, then perhaps that makes some sense, but since the new approach is that there are no specific rules for mystical magic, that implies that we should be using the normal Orlanthi magic for Tarumathics anyway.

Perhaps we could add some more mystic-like magical feats to the standard affinities? Or giving them the mental discipline of Meditation.

Simon Hibbs