Re: Wounds are not just for combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:26:54 -0400

doug wrote:

> I wrote:
> > > Is there a notation to indicate abilities that have been
> > > reduced through wounding? If your "commanding personality"
> > > got reduced by losing a debate, how would it be indicated?
> > > Some funky notation or just a good ol' footnote?
>
> "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_c...> replied:
> >
> > Your relationship to the community could be reduced. Remember
> > a wound applies to everythying. And it can be that, without
> > self-esteem, one just can't command the respect of the mob
> > like you used to.
>
> I understand the results, what I was asking was notational.
> Would "relation to clan X: 3w1" be noted as something odd
> like "relation to clan X: 3w1(-2)" to show wounding. I can
> be a bit of a standards weenie, and I light tight notations
> whenever possible.
>
> - doug

You are wounded. I just consider it that way -- without much in the way of paperwork. As far as I know there's no notation as the cumulative minuses are pretty easy to remember.

If a player insisted, I'd simply put a pair of little boxes on the character sheet. One will record the number of wounds the hero has taken and the other will record whether or not they were critially injured. If you feel a need for adding a mortally wounded category, then add a 3rd box... etc etc.

Jeff