Re: Re: Cancelling Materies with multiple opponents

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:07:09 -0700

> > > he gets -4 to his target number (2 after the first).
> >
> > -6 (-3 per target after the first)

> There seems to be a new set of rules, I am sure my rules say -2 per
> opponent,

Better read them again, then. I'd suggest HW pg 140, "Attacking Multiple Characters", or HQ pg 79 "Multiple Opponents".

>and a success vs success is x1.....

This one you are correct for Hero *Wars*. It was changed for Hero *Quest*

> As I havent got the new rules, it might be nice for people to use
> the old ones by default and specifically say NEW RULES!! if they are
> using them. It will only confuse people otherwise. (or HQ vs HW)

Actually, they are now *the* rules - HW is OOP and defunct. Yes, there will be a transition period, but I suggest that it be as short as possible, rather than long. And I'm sure that the 1/2 for S-S has come up before on this list (probably from me).

Roderick
- Richelieu