Re: Re: Missaplied Worship and Uz

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:57:04 -0700

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> Orlanthiumathi writes:
>
>> Hmm... you know... I think we could do with another write-up for
>> Kyger Litor. ;)
>
> What's wrong with the version already in Uz: Trolls of Glorantha?

I *think* he was joking. But the version in U:ToG has a few questions in re. the new HeroQuest/Concentrated Magic rules. To wit: Can trolls concentrate their magic, and still combine feats and spirits? I'd say "yes", because trolls could previously mix hellish feats and spells without paying "misapplied worship" costs, and in HQ, the only way to avoid misapplied worship is to concentrate your magic.

Whence my two suggestions: either that Trolls "concentrate their magic" in the Circle of Eight, rather than in a particular otherworld (and can thus mix any Co8 magics without penalty), similar to lunars concentrating in Lunar magic of whatever kind; or that the Underworld is treated as a magical domain all on its own, and Trolls can concentrate in Underworld magic (and thus could use any hellish magic without double costs, but can't use any magic--feats, spells, spirits, whatever--that doesn't originate in the Underworld).