Re: Question about non-humans and Puma People

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:24:12 -0000

> > I think that forcing players to give up the things that make
their
> > characters interesting its not really MGF...
> >
> > To give up shapeshifting would mean they aren't a puma person
anymore.

> I think the watchword here is "use a bit of common when it comes to
> applying the magic concentration rules". (Sense, that is, not
magic.)
> Personally I think I'll be interpretting conc. in the 'otherworld
> systems' as _not_ requiring giving up talents, other than in cases
where
> it's specifically incompatible with the particular religion the
> character is in, or if the player is outright 'trying it on' with
what
> they're trying to pass off as a talent. (Then again, you have much
the
> same issue anyway, with the thing they're concentrated in.)
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

Good comments, Alex. That's how I'd intepret it - unless giving up shapeshifting made for a really good story (or making the Shapeshifting into the new, concentrated magic). I suspect I am going to be playing somewhat fast & loose with the magic.

Good Lord, Common Magic Doth Rock. It will figure prominently in my worlds, I know.

Heck, I even like Wizardry now - lots.

Jeff - adding "Odiously Cheerful" to his character sheet