Re: sorcerous spell outcome

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:11:35 -0500

>From: Toksickburn_at_...
>
>Dear Group!
>
>I�m currently preparing a non Gloranthan fantasy adventure and have some
>problem with sorcerous magic.
>How do you handle spells like RQ Haste ?

Don't dismiss the Augmenting. If you roll for it, with, say a beginners rating of 17, you're very likely to be able to get a +3 with it consistently (the +2 automatic is just without a roll), and a +4 is only a little less than a 50% chance. And I've seen desperate players get as high as a +6 Augment with that rating (and though very unlikely, even higher is possible). With a little play that can be raised to a 5w, at which point a +5 is consistently available, and as much as +8 isn't out of the question.

These boosts aren't insignificant. Even a +3 can easily make all the difference in a fight. And an automatically available +2 is also nice. It's a great scale, really.

Mike

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es