Common Magic, Pumas or not.

From: orlanthumathi <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:45:13 -0000

It concerns me that debate has ensued over common magic in such detail when it is so obviously a mechanic designed to give us all freedom as opposed to tie us down and confuse.

We are being given the opportunity with common magic to fully develop a character without having to make him a devotee or equivalent.

Glorantha has always been full of societies in which most people do not concentrate their magic, but the rules (RQ onwards) have always pushed player characters towards the magical institutions if they wanted to become powerful.

We now have rules that do not pull on the players in quite such a strong way. I can foresee many more PC initiates deciding not to become a devotee or at least struggling with the dilemma. This can only be a good thing.

Jamie