Re: Questioning nits, etc

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:48:27 -0000

Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for your reply. I completely agree that 'We Are All Us' or, to put it another way, 'All Your HQ Are Belong To Us.'

My concern is that at times people may 'love' it to death. Talk, think, discuss, expand, propound, modify, fold, spindle and mutilate to your heart's desire. But what *I* was hearing in this thread in particular was not a shared joy, nor a mutual voyage of discovery, but an increasingly negative and if anything joyless concentration on what to *me* seemed a truly trivial issue. OK, this is just my personal response, here I speak not as a representative of II or even an objective adjudicator, purely of my feelings on reading through a few days of accumulated postings.

Yes, the response to HQ has on the whole been wonderfully positive, and in that I do delight. But I still find it hard to see much love in this and some other recent threads. I almost feel that, having understandably become used to having to wrestle meaning and coherence from the opaque pages of HW, there is still an assumption that the purpose of HQ is more to be cut apart in online autopsy rather than to be played...

All the best

Mark