[HW-Rules] Misapplied Sacrifice

From: Dave Bailey <db_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:38:26 +0100

OK I'm a little confused maybe....

Looks to me like Kolat has an Animist set-up even though it's associated (if on the perifery) of a theist culture.

On page 248 there's an example of misapplied sacrifice which indicates to me that Kolating Shaman sacrifice to spirits which in turn implies that they're always subject to the misapplied sacrifice rule...bit harsh? Surely the Shamans of the Kolating Tradition use the ecstatic method?

Some of the other examples are a little confusing as well. Seems to me that the misapplication applies to using the wrong methods to contact/gain benefit from the otherworld, the Snow King is a spirit, the Kolat are animist so why the penalty for the shaman?

Dave.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.