Re: Re: Actual Play

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:59:41 -0400

Hi!

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 09:27 PM, markmohrfield wrote:

> Spirit
> > allies are treated as followers and asking a follower to join a
> contest in the
> > middle *does* require a roll (at least, it did. I've been trying
> to find the
> > relevant rule in the book but have had no luck. I could be
> remembering a rule
> > that's since changed...)
> >
> > Camo
>
> Perhaps you were thinking of the Commanding Followers in PLay
> section on pg 85 and the Follower Reluctance table on pg 86? These
> are used to get the follower to do something outside his normal
> duties, and probably wouldn't apply to a spirit increasing a skill
> or advantage points.

Nope. *That* I'd found. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably thinking of a rule that didn't make it into the final set.

This does bring up something that could affect a hero's decision to use a spirit ally, though. Keep in mind that a follower (and a spirit ally is a follower, after all) suffers a level of defeat greater than a hero but only if the follower is involved in the contest.

Camo