Re: Heavy Cavalry Weapons Query

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:15:48 -0700

> In HQ, I note that Heavy Cavalry have huge (+5) bonus to Unit Melee
> Weapon, over and above the starting value. Nice. But is it only
> _one_ weapon and how does that effect Units that do a lance charge,
> then hack their way back to their own lines - or should it be "pick
> between good at lance charge *or* the melee weapon that you use to
> hack your way back, if the enemy don't rout..." Lances being rather
> cumbersome in a melee.

You pretty much have it. Of course, true Lancers are relatively rare, so a Shock unit armed with, say, spears or swords only don't have this problem. And you can always drop 5 of your 20 points on the other weapon :-).

Actually, since the Horse already gives you a good bonus to Lance Charge (+5, for a generic Strong Horse) you really have the choice of a +10 Lance; or +5 Lance, +5 Sword/Mace/Axe/whatever.

RR
- Richelieu