Re: Actual Play

From: drpachyderm <dunlaing_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:42:58 -0000

> Where do you get your 'heracles bound up in spider silk' from? He

> has to come from somewhere, as does the silk. You could do this by

> taking a pre-spider-silk-bound heracles with you on the quest, but

> you can't just assume one will appear out of thin air just to suit

> you.

Cool, thanks.

I don't remember if it was spelled out in the earlier posts or not, but the PCs have captured a Devotee of Heracles (who knows the Secret, even) and one of the PCs has a Giant Hunting Spider sidekick, so a Heracles bound in spider-silk shouldn't be too hard to come by.

> Or the spider that

> actualy bound heracles (or whatever it turns out to be) up in

> silk (after all, it obviously wasn't you),

I find this to be a curious statement. Why is it obvious that it wasn't the PC? It seems like webbing is a legitimate innate magic to have, and an initiate of a spider god could probably also have webbed up Heracles with a Web affinity.