lunar animism & charms

From: joshua_neff <figaro9_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:43:38 -0000

I just joined this (& the other) list. I've started running HeroQuest & I love it. I owned first edition Runequest, Hero Wars, & now this. HQ is my favorite thus far.

Anyway, I have a question regarding the From Dark Tradition. One of the heroes in my game is a Five Spirit Moons practitioner. Now, according to the Animism chapter, practitioners generally get the ability Open Spirit World. It looks as if that's true in the other animist traditions in the book. But in From Dark, it reads that animists don't get Open Spirit World until the become a shaman, unless they buy it to start at 13 before that.

Now, in order to create a charm, you need Open Spirit World to locate a spirit. Does this mean that my Player's hero can only create a charm if 1) she becomes a Jakaleel witch (which will take many sessions to work up to) or 2) she spends a Hero Point to buy the ability at 13?