RE: Re: Victories with casualties

From: Corcoran, Myles <m.corcoran_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:13:47 +0100

Bryan wrote:

> ... and I still get rather moved at the
> mental image of a confused and sorrowful Goonda cradling a surf board
> and honking morosely....until the locals finally decide to sell it to
> a lunar zoo for lack of any better ideas.

        Now that's just sad. Poor Goonda.

> I have to admit the hero quest example did seem to say:
> - don't be frivolous with your hero, or you won't survive to enjoy it
> (look at who dies and who lives).
> - heroquests are more deadly than cool. Avoid them if at all
> possible.

        Your second point is valid, I guess, but I hope that the frivolous and unusual isn't being penalised. YGWV and MGF and all that, after all. The new game does a very good job of encouraging all sorts of exploration and new ideas. It's a joy to see really.

> > Still, I have a copy of HeroQuest now, and I only had to
> > wait about 21 years. <joy>
>
> Heh, I've only had to wait 18 years 'cause I was a late comer! Of
> cousre, that means it has now been 17 years since I got to game with
> you...if only I could figure out Issaries' trick of crossing the big
> water using only a spade......

        There's always the bastard offspring of Issaries and Arachne Solara, the WWW. (Boy that's a lot of masteries.)

        Myles

--
Myles Corcoran - UCC Computer Centre - m.corcoran_at_... - 021 4903961