Shargash secret?

From: Stacy Forsythe <deadstop_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:15:25 -0400

Upon re-reading ILH-1 in the light of HeroQuest (and the recent HW/HQ conversion notes), I find myself wondering if the Shargash secret ("Janata the Killer Bolt") should be handled as written, or according to the conversion notes' rules for "mystic strike" secrets. I ask because I originally figured the Shargash secret to be an example of the HQ version of the old "mystic strike" secrets, but then the conversion notes presented a different method. As a result, the old "mystic strike" secrets are now easier to use than the Shargash secret as written. Is the Shargash secret supposed to operate by its own unique rules as given, or is it an example of one possible way of re-doing "strike" secrets that was later revised?

Stacy Forsythe