Re: Heroquest victory level

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:11:48 -0700

> So.....In the extended contest consequences chart, you can find out
> how badly you are hurt. But I don't see anything else that talks
> about the level of victory in an extended contest. Yet, heroquest
> results key off of victory level.
>
> So, how do you tell if your quest was a marginal or major success?
> Am I missing a table somewhere?

For Heroquests, the level of victory you get at the Final Station is the level of victory you get in the quest (p. 204, Quest Success). Take the negative AP level of the Climactic Bad Guy and compare it to the Contest Consequences chart, page 74 to determine the Quest's level of success. So if Galen knocked Isfalt down to -30, the quest ends with a Major Victory for the heroes. If he only knocked it down to -3, then it was a Marginal victory. On the other hand, if the party is defeated by the Quest, then the main hero of the quest would be the one to compare it to. If, like the Isfalt example, the entire party is "being" the Main Hero, then I suppose you'd average their defeat levels, or take the worst (or the best) defeat level - narrator's choice :-).

RR
- Richelieu