RE: liturgists like it small!

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:31:29 -0400

Jane said:

>Read up on the Freemasons, and the architecture of
>medieval churches. This is very much what they did.
>Proportions tend to be numerically significant, and so
>on. It's a long time since I looked at it, so I've
>forgotten a lot of the details, but it was there all
>right.

I would say that pretty much any religious place would benefit from its construction/set-up, even the temple-less Heortlings. The way the priests stand, the songs they sing, etc. all add bonuses to the person casting the magic. Greek temples were built to exacting specifications as I'm sure probably every holy place might be.

Bryan had suggested 500 people gives +20 -80 = -W3 total. Then Peter suggested the assistants, etc. augment for +18. Auspicious day, auspicious place +15 (maybe). Magical building might add another +10. That's now only -17. Add in the choir (you gotta have a choir, castrati anyone?) 20 singers at +2 each you starting to talk bonuses. That's +13 already.

Would the congregation augment and provide a community bonus? Hmm, probably not. Might not be as hard as it looks.

Oliver