Re: liturgists like it small!

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:33:08 +0200

Phil :

> > So, liturgists get total support from their congregation,
> > but suffer the normal multiple target penalties.
>
> Do they? I would interpret "Bless Congregation" as doing exactly
> that - it blesses an entire congregation. At an ordinary service,
> you're only getting ordinary support, but that's all you need really,
> because it's easy. Any other spell is more of an individual thing,
> such as "Absolve Sin" in the confessional booth, or "Name Child".

I've been thinking some more about this, and actually ; well, several people have proposed several solutions that all seem to have their merits, and all seem to work.

My guess is, that basically everyone is right.

I think that some Churches will be organised along the lines that they have one big weekly service, with ritual augments, personal augments from the liturgist's abilities, holy relics, assistants, Church architecture etc etc.

Other Churches will pool their veneration on the big day and hand it out to smaller groups of worshippers during the liturgical week.

Still others will take everything, the liturgists will scream at the cringing congregation about sin and evil, and cheerfully give themselves and their friends a few special blessings whilst channeling everything most of the pool up the hierarchical ladder.

Etc, etc.

The key is the Church.

The solution, is just to do a Church Sheet, containing such info as Name, Size of Congregation, Church Bonus, Relics, Saints, Liturgist and Assistants, with a general description of what's done with the pooled veneration in this neck of the woods, Guardian entity and its Powers, and final Church Bonus during Liturgy (which only needs to be calculated once), and whatever else you want.

Julian Lord