Re: Repeating heroquests

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:46:02 -0400

Hi!

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 06:39 AM, nils_w wrote:

> HeroQuest p.200 states that you can only attempt a particular
> heroquest once as quest leader. This brings on two questions:
>
> 1. Why is this?

Because Greg said :-) Actually, this makes sense to me. After all, Orlanth only slew Akora once...

> 2. How did Harmast manage to do two LBQs?

:-) I knew this was going to come up eventually...

I brought this up when it was first introduced to the rules and was told to be quiet ;-)

I'm going to preface this with 'This doesn't exactly clear up the Harmast situation'.

Something to keep in mind is that different levels of a HQ are generally not exactly the same quest (just look at the example on page 200 in the first paragraph under 'Quest Levels'). You can attempt different levels of a quest as the leader but the reward will be of an appropriate level.

I had suggested that you cannot retry a HQ after you've successfully completed one and Harmast bringing back Arkat was actually considered a failure :-) Of course, it would not be a failure regardless of how Harmast felt.

In any case, there will probably be more detail in the 'Plundering the Gods War' book planned for the future. For now, though, Harmast is an exception (and the only one AFAIK).

Hope this helps!

Camo