Re: Hsunchen

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:38:48 +0100

In Digest Number 1293, Jeff writes
>wrote:
>
>>Before they used to integrate 3 or more
>> spirits and raise the resulting talents to 1W2 before learning their
>> shapechange "secret".
>
>I'm not sure. Personally, I think there's no shapeshift secret for
>them. They get it just like the Puma Babes - at least, in my game
>they will.

I think the "Integrate 3 Spirits" was a bit of a rules artefact, to tie in with the Theists 3 affinities, and as an echo to the old RQ rules (originally from Gorakiki IIRC) where you first learned the "transform head", "transform limb" and "transform body" Runespells before learning the "Shapechange" spell.

I'm quite happy for Hsunchen to change as a native ability (he says trying to avoid loaded words), although as I think they loose the ability if they stop following their Ancestral spirit (cursed Telmori being a probable exception) maybe it should be an ability granted by the "<Hsunchen> Tradition" keyword?

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |