Re: Re: Hsunchen & Puma People

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:51:10 -0700

Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:

> To my mind, it's as "magical" as a troll's Darksense or a merperson's
> ability to hold her breath for half an hour.

...or, for that matter, as "magical" as a human's ability to derive sustenance from bread and meat. That's a magical ability, after all ("everything is magical"), and if you ask the tribal elder/shaman/deacon, he'll tell you the myth that explains how humans got this ability. But when you concentrate your magic, you don't have to give up your "metabolize starch" talent...

Just MHO.

--AMS