Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:14:05 -0700

Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:

>> 5. Now that Kero Fin and Engizi are landscape deities, are their
>> Storm Tribe cults still relevant (now that having 140 worshippers
>> can drop the resistance to climb Kero Fin to zero)?
>
> Yes.
>
> How do you figure that 140 worshippers drop the resistance to zero?
> Giving Total Support they'd only give the climber +13. What rule(s)
> are you using?

I think he's talking about the rule where if you worship a landscape deity/guardian/etc., you gain powers, but the deity loses strength--the more people who (e.g.) gain feats from Two-Top Hill, the lower Two-Top Hill's power as a guardian will be.

So if X people are in the cult of Kero Fin (and getting magic powers), Kero Fin's inherent powers (like "Resist Climber" or whatever) will decrease, because the power has been farmed out to worshippers.

...but I don't have the rule book with me...

--AMS