Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:09:45 -0000

> >3. Is the loss of Donandar and Lanbril common magic if you
specialize in
> >the magic of a non-Common Magic "subcult" intended to be a part of
the
> >reality of Glorantha?
>
> We talked about this at Scotscon. I don't know if this fell through
the
> cracks or was deliberate, but I can't say I like it. To me, its a
good
> example of where the whole "concentrate magic" thing falls down -
most of
> the rules only apply to pcs, and I can't imagine ever enforcing this
kind
> of rule on a player. I still think I'd go with the idea that
Donander
> "talents" become Skovara "feats" when you concentrate, but I'm nice
like that.

Or wave your hands and make it like lunar specialization. You can specialize in what's his name the skald's magic, but still keep the Donandar talents, but they don't get treated as specialized. However to do this, you have to give up ALL other magic, even unrelated feats.

> >5. Now that Kero Fin and Engizi are landscape deities, are their
Storm
> >Tribe cults still relevant (now that having 140 worshippers can
drop the
> >resistance to climb Kero Fin to zero)?
>
> I think so. HQ seems to imply that worshipping them as proper
dieties
> rather than as guardian beings is unusual. I don't think the dozen
or so
> worshippers around Dragon Pass are gonna make much real difference.

Or they might be a bit of an exception, since they have a home on the otherside, which most landscape deities wouldn't have. Perhaps there are two ways of reaching them--as landscape deities in the inner world, or as gods in the god's world. Therefore their cults would not weaken their ability as a guardian. However, if someone sacrificed to the inner-world river or mountain to gain as a feat one of their guardian functions, that would weaken the guardian function presumably....but it would be an odd thing to do when there are already two ways to gain their blessings.

--Bryan