Re: Re: Repeating heroquests

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:32:34 +0100

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 06:48:39AM -0700, Nils Weinander wrote:
> What about the Pharaoh's yearly quest (the one where he was finally
> ambushed by Jar-Eel)? Sounds to me like he is quest leader over and
> over again.

Fair question. I think this is a case that blurs the line between high-end worship/'routine' ritual activity and a 'real' HQ. He's not after all trying to do anything 'new' (after the first time, that is), but to maintain the status quo. One might compare this to the SLBQ that 'everyone' does each year among the Heortlings, albeit with rather more immediate (though not by any means larger) effects.

Cheers,
Alex.