Concentrated Magic Use

From: Brian <brian_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:47:27 -0000

Getting ready to run my old RQ group through the HQ hero creation process and an adventure this weekend and had a few questions that I couldn't answer that a player asked.

On page 118 at the upper right under Common Magic Feats it says that any theist who concentrates his magic can use common magic feats as abilities. This doesn't seem to make sense to me as if you ARE concentrating your magic, don't you have to give up your common magic feats (ie, give up anything not specifically from your god) and thus have nothing to use as an ability? If not, what common magic feats are being refered to here that can be kept and yet still qualify for concentrated magic use? If you then become a devotee do you still retain these common magic feats?

Also, does it cost anything for a starting hero to concentrate his magic? It seems that later on you have to pay a point to do this, but does the hero need to pay anything at creation time for this?