Re: Re: Concentrated Magic Use

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:41:52 +0100

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:24:22PM -0000, Brian wrote:
> That makes sense. So a Heortling can keep his 'Flesh Man' magic and
> still concentrate on Theism?

As I understand it, no, because FM 'teaches' only talents, and those are specifically lost in theist concentration. Now, there are one or two things I find questionable about this, but that's a different story...

> I guess then I find it odd that any sample characters that I have seen
> that have concentrated their magic do not keep any common magic (the
> Heortling healer, grazer cavalry soldier, esrolian sailor on
> Glorantha.com are good examples). Is it just a coincedence?

Somewhat, you can certainly keep it under many circumstances. Most, if you Plan Cunningly for such an eventuality, really.

Cheers,
Alex.