Re: Re: Gods in the mortal world

From: bernuetz_at_...
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:58:35 -0500 (CDT)

Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...> wrote:

>Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> wrote:
>>
>> [...] I think that Kero Fin and Engizi gain, as all gods do,
>> from the worship of their pantheon, so that might balance and
>> landscape drain out in a way that minor entities might not. After all
>> Kero Fin gets collateral worship as Orlanth's mother.
>
>That's what strikes me as counterintuitive--that while regular gods *gain*
>strength from being worshipped, landscape gods (according to the
rules)>*lose* strength from being worshipped. I don't quite see why that would be

Maybe landscape gods don't need to be worshipped. Theoretically humans worship human gods, dogs "worship" dog gods, etc. Hill's worship hills?Landscape's just there. Maybe they don't require/want any religious support.

Another option is that being cut off from the Gods Plane might have some effect.

Oliver