Re: Re: Hsunchen

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:39:52 +0100

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:23:16PM -0700, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:
> > Doubtless this means you have to say it in the right tone, but...

> Yeah, if the intonation is wrong it means "Thou bastard child of a Giraffe
> and a Lawn Mower". Crazy people, those Kralori!

I think given Kralori attitudes to hsunchen, that'd be getting the tonal quality close enough for government work! Possibly once again, quite literally... "'High Llama' would have been more idiomatic, but that's a passing grade -- congratulations, probationary assistant sub-mandarin pro temps LobErTsun. You'll find your desk just past the third ShanShan to the right."

Cheers,
Alex.