Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:12:32 -0700

Andy

> 1. Is there a Glorantha independent of the rules, or do the rules determine
> the nature of Glorantha? (This is really addressed toward the FAQ folks.)

I may be biased, but the King of Dragon Pass computer game doesn't use "the rules," and I think it portrays Glorantha fairly well at its level of detail.

Since the HQ magic rules are essentially brand new, it's not surprising that there may be a few bugs in how pieces of them interact around the edges.

> Worshipping Skovara gets possible access to
> Donandar talents, but specializing in order to gain Skovara's feats
> involves a loss of Donandar talents

If the letter of the rules say this, and it doesn't make any logical sense, then the rules must be wrong. Perhaps this is a special case. Perhaps it's trumped by some other rule.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>