Re: Re: Converting heroes from HW to HQ: edges become bonuses.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:45:24 +0100 (BST)

> > you don't now add both lots of +3 on to what was
> your CC? Please?

> Just occurs that you might have meant: do you get
> the HQ bonus + the converted HW edge.

No, it's all right, I didn't. But it was a good thought.

I have this Humakti PC with a magical sword (Lottery sword, four gifts on it.) It's mainly edges. And our game uses mainly simple contests, so the edges don't come out to play very often, just the +5 bonus.

So under HW rules, she's her basic 11W CC, plus 5 to 16W. Which is quite enough to be going on with.

Even in extended, we've always ignored the ^3 "standard", since it cancels out.

But after HQ conversion, if I add her basic ^3 ordinary sword, her ^3 armour, and all the edges (let's say she's facing a troll, so they all kick in), all as bonuses, her effective Sword Combat rating is now 17W2. She's gained a full mastery. OK, so this is an extreme case because of that sword, but it made me wonder if I was misunderstanding something.

(Yes, I'm ignoring augments in the above sums.)

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk