Re: 1st Session Player Comments

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:48:01 -0000

> The other common comment they made was they found it odd that
there
> was not any way for a person to replenish APs during an group
> extended contest (and even during a standard extended contest)
while
> he has postive APs. They felt that there should have been a way
> take an unrelated action and gain some back. They found it odd
that
> you had to wait till you were defeated (and perform a final
action)
> before you could personally get AP points back. This was
especially
> true of the hero that was using his archery skill and
> augmenting/passing APs to others in the group contest. He was not
> being directly confronted, was down to 3 AP, and had no way
> to 'heal' himself. At least I couldn't find any way in the rules
> where a person could replenish his own APs in some way. So he bid
> few points in hopes he would lose the positive APs he had in order
> to perform a final action. Has anyone else run into this and
> thought of a solution? Or have I missed something in the rules?
Is
> there an explanation for why you can't get APs back?
>
> Brian

Dont loose.

If you want to gain APs back find the weakest person on the other side and attack them, spend a hero point to push it to a critical and get an AP transfer... hey presto instant APs.

As Gerald said, APs dont easily replenish so that the melee is a timed degeneration, any other way and they can become endless.

I agree about the final action thing tho, I can see my players making minimum bids once they get near zero to make use of that feature... remember tho that they do need to pass a test, and have a valid skill.