1st Session Player Comments

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:55:25 EDT

Recovery of AP:

In HW I have allowed heroes to "lend" themselves AP, with the resistance equal to the AP lent, so a small amount of AP could be recovered with what was a major or complete victory. (HW p136)

I notice this has changed in HQ to a only complete victory giving the free AP and a more specific ruling about not lending to oneself. I guess the bump downs make the complete victory more likely so I'm not sure how the odds have changed, but for a reasonable *appropriate* ability and a lowish resistance it might make sense allow lending AP to oneself. (HQ p71)

I cannot see any particular abuse that this might lead to, as long as the ability is appropriate for recovering ones composure/reigniting ones anger/preparing ones weapon/whatever, and probably only in a group extended contest. If you're ability is huge anyway, it could always be used in a contest with the opponent, so it only makes sense in certain circumstances.

Keith