Re: Demonology

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:24:25 -0700

epweissengruber

>Are their any Gloranthan sorcerors who are binders of demons in the
>mode of some standard fictional/legendary demons?

The God Learners. (We had a Demonologist in my Jrustela game.) Of course, the Progressive Demonology School might not be quite what you're thinking of, since it appears that the God Learners apply the term to any Otherworld entity who's not from the sorcery world (I forget the official term):

"The wizards then summoned a another sea god, who was not present yet. They called it as if it was just a spirit, and they made that god call his father, forcing it to act as in an act of demonology. The father was Tanian, who is the water of the sky world." <http://glorantha.com/greg/seshnelanKings2.html>

--

David Dunham   dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html