Re: Sorcery ? confused

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:32:07 -0000

> > To top my confusion off, I want to have a Flintnail Dwarf in my
> > group. He is a Rubble Tracker assigned to join the Grey Company
as
> > liaison and support.
> >
> > Does Mostal remain their God and Flintnail is a Saint?
> >
> > Can Pavis Dwarves be Wizards and Theists at the same time...
> > worshipping Flintnail and Pavis? (MIssapplied in the later case
> > maybe?) If Flintnail became a Saint via the Greenage, why is
Pavis
> > a Theist?
>
> You'll have to figure all this out for yourself, since all of the
P&BR
> companion stuff to date was written before HQ was finalized, and
is (to the
> best of my knowledge) not considered "canon" but "Fan-produced".
>
> The Mostali seem to have a completely different way
of "worshipping" Mostal
> (just like the Elves and Trolls seem to have
different "religions". The HQ
> rules tend to look at the lowest common denominator, and that
means Humans,
> for the most part.
>
> RR
> It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of
this has
> done what he has done.
> - Richelieu

Thanks for that reply, still looks like some Church people have a lot of skills they need.

ON the issue of multi-religions tho. If a person remains below concentrating their magic, and their faiths seem to suggest they are allied or such, is it possible to be an animist and a theist at the same time (or sorceror-theist).

I know Orlanth has an animist god (wind shamans) and I imagine those Shamans would probably be lay members of Orlanth, and some might even want to become initiates... but would give it all up once they became shamans etc.

In Pavis the close alliance of Pavis and Flintnail suggest a similar type of thing is possible.

If you allowed this, are they using misapplied worship for the second religion? Or are they genuine cross dressing cultists?