Re: Pavic magic

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:57:52 -0000

>> This might work for Pavis. The city religion offers only common
magic, with spells from Flintnail, etc as suggested, but the inner cult of Pavis is properly theist.<<

In another conversation, in another time and place, I suggested that Pavis probably had a common religion called maybe 'The Seven Daughters' (or however many their where) which probably had magic from various Pavic sources: some Sorcery from Flintnail for use when working with stone, some Zola Fel charms for boating and fishing etc. This is probably the religion that most 'citizens' follow - combined perhaps with initiation into a diety from an appropriate pantheon. So Heortlings might worship be initiated into Orlanth and Ernalda but worship The Seven Daughters instead of Flesh Man.

Of course there will be folks who initiate or devote themsleves to these source religions, but they would be rare. I might rule that most of the initiates and devotees of Pavis, are found among the people who now live in the Real City for example.

Of course YGWV ;-)