Re: Wounds are not just for combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:23:51 -0400

Nick Hollingsworth wrote:

> We are sitting here almost playing HW and wonder...
>
> 1. Do you have to be the clan chief to be in Orlanth Rex initiate, or
> just a clan leader? Is the later just a ring member? Do you _have_ to
> be on the ring? Is noble blood enough?

I'd just say 'if you're in charge, male and not bound and bent you're going to be something else (humakt, issaries, LM, etc), then you're probably a candidate for Orlanth Rex. Anyone who's a thane, in my game at least == many are on the Clan Ring but there are a few who are not.

> 2. If you are a devotee of something then can you ever become tribal
> king as this would imply you become a devotee of Orlanth Rex - which
> you dont have time for. And is it really the case that a devotee of

You don't HAVE to be a Devotee of Orlanth Rex to be tribal king. But the magics of Orlanth Rex are so useful, its probably what you end up serving. You may becime a mere initiate of your other cult and upgrade the Rex for the duration of your stay in power.

That's why folks who are nobles usually end up runnign things-- having Orlanth Adv/Rex from the start really helps the rise to power.

> issaries who becomes tribal king still spends 60% of his time on
> trade business and only has 40% left to spend on other stuff like
> being king?

There's a lot of tribal trade. And Issaries is NOT just trade -- he's communication. Negotiations, emissaries and the like can all be considered.

Jeff