Re: HQ for Other Genres

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:21:40 -0700

> Does anybody see a problem with starting with some generic keywords
> (like the above) and waiting to flesh them out during character
> generation or play? That seems like the most sensible way to get the
> game going without delaying unnecessarily while the Director fleshes out
> the Spacejacked-janitor keyword.

Make the Players come up with their own Keyword abilities (subject to your/the rest of the group's) approval.

I see no problem with "blank" keywords, because you'll always discover that whoever made up the keyword forgot an important ability, and you (as GM/Director/Narrator) will just have to approve or disapprove it anyway: "My cop should have 'Crime Scene Investigation' - I'd know better than to pick up the evidence with my bare hands! Oh, and I should always be carrying gloves, and a pen and notepad, along with my gun and nightstick".

So I'd say run it off the cuff if you are comfortable with it, or make the players make up their own if you're not, but don't feel that you have to make it all up yourself.

RR
- Richelieu