Re: Re: Common Magic

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:13:13 +0100

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:46:58AM -0700, Chris Lemens wrote:
> This is a bit of a tanget to your point, but not all
> common magic needs any grand cosmological ideas. For
> example [example]

That pretty much *is* my point. For my money, (pretty much) no common magic needs said cosmological rationalisations. But in rules terms, and yet moreso in discussions-on-this-list terms, it bleedin' well gets 'em, like it or not. To wit, that in order to work out whether a given 'entity' gives feats or charms, or is a source of otherworld or common magic, we need to make a GlorSim-type determination of the nature of said being. (Not my favoured approach, if you can't tell.)

Cheers,
Alex.