Re: HQ for Other Genres

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:22:44 +0100

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:36:01PM -0500, Guy Hoyle wrote:
> Does anybody see a problem with starting with some generic keywords
> (like the above) and waiting to flesh them out during character
> generation or play? That seems like the most sensible way to get the
> game going without delaying unnecessarily while the Director fleshes out
> the Spacejacked-janitor keyword.

I'd say this is pretty much already the HQ way to do this sort of thing; observe the advice on p19, under "Broadly defined abilities", esp. the fourth point. (Though it needn't be an extra keyword, you could apply this to your main keyword(s), by the same token.)

'Quick-start' keywords I don't think there's explicit licence for, but is seems perfectly sensible and workable to me, and I doubt Robin or Greg will come around to your house and beat you up for doing it either. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.