Re: Three Worlds headaches

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:22:43 -0000

For myself, I'd rather just have a single form of Common Magic, perhaps call them Talents. They can only be used for augments and can't be used after you concentrate on another form of magic. Concentrating on Common Magic lets you use them as abilities. End of story.

I don't think Puma People shapechange is any kind of Common Magic as it doesn't even seem to be related to religion. It's not something you learn, whereas Common Magic is.

I do like the collision of the three worlds, it seems completely consistent with previous metaphysical models of Glorantha and explains a lot about the history of the world and why things are the way they are. I just think it's been applied a bit overenthusiasticaly.

I may be wrong though. When it comes to actualy creating characters and playing the game it may work out fine, but I am concerned that it will lead to fiddly minimaxing what common magic you get based on what magic you're going to concentrate on later. I'd be very interested to hear people's experiences of using the existing system in play.

Simon Hibbs