Re: Three Worlds headaches

From: drpachyderm <dunlaing_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:11:17 -0000

> I may be wrong though. When it comes to actualy creating characters

> and playing the game it may work out fine, but I am concerned that
it

> will lead to fiddly minimaxing what common magic you get based on

> what magic you're going to concentrate on later. I'd be very

> interested to hear people's experiences of using the existing system

> in play.

I play in two gaming groups. One is more narrative (we've played Amber, Nobilis, and MURPG in that group) and the other more game oriented (we've played D&D, Rolemaster (ugh), Runequest, Warhammer Quest, Hero Wars, you name it.)

I'm currently running HeroQuest for the latter group. The PCs are:

   A Theist who picked all feats for his common magic;

   Two Practitioners who picked all charms for their common magic;

   A Sorcerer who picked all spells for his common magic; and

   A Selfrock Taught character who picked all talents but has

   since added a charm.

So, yeah, it did lead to "fiddly minimaxing what common magic you get based on what magic you're going to concentrate on later" in my case.