Re: Dealing with Talents (was Re: Three Worlds Headaches)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:12:31 +0100

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 02:22:36PM -0000, Ian Cooper wrote:
> To be fair to though, in gaming (as in legislation) making policy
> from exceptional cases is usually ill advised.

When you say "exceptional cases", what I'm hearing is "PCs". I don't think it's more important to cater for some hypothetical norm on a SimGlorantha basis, as it is to validate reasonable expectations as to what's possible to do there in an adventure-premised game whose basis is unusual individuals, in extraordinary times.