Re: Re: Extended Contest - Argument Overridden

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:12:16 -0400

Hi!

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 08:25 PM, Alexander G. M. Smith wrote:

> OK, I've got a bit more understanding now.  I didn't realise you could
> bid more AP than you actually had, apparently the limit is your
> starting
> AP (but just for heros).

Correct!

> And the amount of AP bid modifies the scale of
> the sub-contest, so bidding 8 AP to knock over the trooper wouldn't do
> much - which gets storied by the narrator as nudging the trooper with
> the cavalry soldier's horse, even with a critical success on the
> sub-contest.

Not exactly. Someone stating that his horse is just nudging the soldier and bidding only 8 points but gets a Complete Victory triples the points to 24 *and* gets them as a transfer. In that case, he probably *tried* to get the horse to nudge but the horse "didn't know it's own strength" and, if the soldier was brought below 0, probably nudged the soldier right off of the bridge!

Camo