Argument overridden

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:32:41 -0700

Roderick and Ellen Robertson <mailto:rjremr_at_...> wrote:

> While a contestant has *any* positive AP he has free will, and can
> declare any action he wants [...]

Unless the contest is about what a hero is going to do, yes? e.g. If Suzie is trying to seduce me (her "hot stuff 3w1" against my "chaste 19"), I can't just say "I have free will--I'm walking away from the contest". The contest is about my character's decisions, so I (the player) can't just jump in and make the decision for him.

In the example we started with--people using brag and intimidate to see who's the first over the bridge--it strikes me as that kind of situation.