Re: Re: Argument overridden

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:28:00 -0700

> But not to actually *cross* until he's won - and arguably he's trying
> to do just that.

Perhaps we and you are not seeing the same things. I assume that the two protagonists are at opposite ends of the bridge, physically blocking passage, shouting verbal abuse at each other. If this is the case, then attempting to ride down the foot trooper doesn't mean he has "crossed" the bridge, as he is still on it. (Crossing being determined as "having passed beyond the end of the bridge and onto the ground on the far side").

Are you picturing a different situation? Are the two protagonists *not* physically blocking the bridge?
Does "Crossing" mean something to you that doesn't mesh with what I just described?

RR
- Richelieu