Re: Re: Landscape Bands

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:41:32 +0100

I won't comment on the details of this, there have been some pretty sensible contributions, and it's somewhat revisiting a thread from some weeks ago, but I do have one observation to add:

It's worth bearing in mind that a given entity can have more than one manifestation, and thus not impossible that via each, more than one function, even where the rules seem to indicate 'one being, one rules section'. Kero Fin is already noted as one example, and in some senses just about all the (decent sized) gods are too. The single-function guardian being is, as it were, at the bottom of the food chain for such things; it's not by any means impossible to imagine a being that can, in one manifestation, act as such, while being able to act as more reasonable sources of 'learnable' magic in another, without being palpably weakened by it as guardian beings are.

Cheers,
Alex.